16
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who
loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
2 Thes. 2:16-17

Monday, April 26, 2010

Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit





On April 27th 2010 ended Kaleo's corporate Daniel fast, and yes we thought this day would not come soon enough! Some of us are going to continue fasting until the lord releases you, and you feel the spiritual breakthrough.

In my devotions today I was directed to this:

1 Corinthians 6:19(NIV)
19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

1 Corinthians 6:20(NIV)
20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.




These scriptures spoke to me, that God made each one of us beautiful and healthy. We were not born with High blood pressure , strokes , diabetes or other preventable diseases. All of these are ailments, which are present in the body of Christ. I realize a lot of these are caused by the lack of good choices in the foods we eat. The scriptures direct us to care for our bodies, and what we put in it determines how healthy we are going to be. It became clear that God makes a huge emphasis on food. The first time presented healthy food is found Genesis 1:29 God told Adam what to eat. A diet of seeds and plant , low fat that would keep him well-preserved and not a greasy cheeseburger or pizza with lots of sausage and salami double stuffed or pasta's with heavy and creamy sauces. Not to mention all the sweets that give's us so much pleasure as well.



So I thought if I cannot eat what I love God wants me to STARVE. I confirmed that God wants me in good health, I read :


Duet. 8:7,8,9
7 For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills;
8 a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey;
9 a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.


Here God is directing again, the children of Israel to a diet seeds, fruits, good bread and grains. Water instead of soda and sweet drinks. This knowledge encourages me to continue to control my flesh desires and my choices of food. I hope that you too will not abandon the blessing you have received at this time of fasting. I pray you will continue to make good choices.



Next time you will eat veggies and grains or nuts. Drink water instead of Soft drinks, think about the discipline God has taught you last week. A better way to treat your temple, which will bring good health and needed weightloss for me at least. I was told some of you lost as much as 10 pounds in one week. God's way is truly wonderful to us, as we control these areas in our lives. Continue your efforts to stay obedient to the scripture even in this area of our walk with God.


I also pray that you will set aside time each day, to pray and meditate on the goodness of God and gain knowledge through the scripture that sickness and bondage of the flesh don't belong to you. God made us free. Be encouraged this week to let the word of go all the way through you, better yet let the word read you and show you the areas that needed change in your life as you continue to hear from him. There is no better way to live for Jesus then to hear his voice directing your every day.


Deut. 8:3
3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.


I bid you to stay in tuned with his desires,


Yolanda Duley

2 comments:

  1. We will continue to look for more inspiration. Our goal is to keep you inspired with the word of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the fast I ate whatever I wanted. I had cake and fried chicken with Mash potatoes and corn and a flaky butter biscuit. I am going to change my eating.

    ReplyDelete