16
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who
loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
2 Thes. 2:16-17

Monday, April 19, 2010

DAY 1

It is day one of our churches corporate fast. My approach to fasting has always been giving up one thing that I absolutely love. Alternatively, I fasted for several days or even months. I was okay with that until, our pastor challenged us to a Daniel Fast and inspired us as a church body, to engage ourselves. This fast omits all the foods I love and have the freedom to choose and eat whenever I wanted. In my mind , that was a huge commitment to discipline my flesh.

I realize, fasting is a routine of discipline and obedience. Jesus became obedient and disciplined to die on the cross and on the third day rose from the dead so, that whosoever believes in him can have life eternal. It seems his supreme sacrifice was fasting his whole life that I might live. As I think of offering this grand sacrifice of mine. Suddenly, I understand that my fasting is a God idea and not my own. So, where do I find my strength to continue in my commitment?


Luke 2:37 (New International Version)
37and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.[a] She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.


A one week sacrifice doesn't begin to compare with this woman who gave her life to prayer and fasting. Why did she do that? She wanted to see Jesus in a fresh new way, everyday. I pray that you will gain a greater revelation of the benefits of prayer, fasting and seeking the lord with passion and intensity. May you also, like Anna, Aspire to see Jesus a fresh new way in your life everyday.

Blessings,
Yolanda Duley

7 comments:

  1. Its hard to see Jesus without my cup of Coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne we are going to have to see Jesus in a cup of water!!

    Day 1 Went well. It started to go even better when I started reading food labels and realized how unhealthy canned and processed food is. Honestly, I have never read food labels before. I would just eat. What a difference a Daniel's fast makes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 1 has to be the hardest. I cooked my family meat and while I was cleaning up, my finger touched the burger and well. I licked my finger. Not thinking! I repented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 1 - Had a headache all day, at one point convinced myself I would start tommorow... and at the end of the day I told my husband...Go and get me a taco from Taco Bell! He quietly responded..."No babe, we want to do this" He's right, so right...I do want to do this, almost sold it all for a stupid taco! I too repent.
    Day 2 - woke up feeling better, a new day! New mercies and provision to walk in. Gonna go get new manna...feed my spirit...to fight the good fight!
    God bless everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your praise today...check out this song at You Tube... One of the lines reads "...This is my prayer in my hunger and need, my God is a God who provides..." HALLELUJAH!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79055I6o-NQ
    (Copy and paste this address to get to the song)

    srg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Day 2 - One of my students said, "Mrs. Williams, you are so quiet and calm today. It's a new you." Thank you Lord for letting me see that caffeine & sugar causes me to yell and be impolite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has really made me realize how much of a sweet tooth I have. Dont you think food tastes more pure, or is it Gods pureness working through us!?I also commited to God that I will take care of my self & I started my workouts again,healthy food healthy body healthy spirit!!
    He led me again yesterday to Psalms 37, I weeped and weeped and just told him how thank ful I am for having him in my heart

    ReplyDelete