16
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who
loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
2 Thes. 2:16-17

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 4: Set Your Heart on Things Above- Yolanda Duley

This Morning In my quiet time I was reading the word and opened to this:


1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Col. 3:1-2 (NIV)

It seems God was speaking to me on how we are to approach our fasting. It is not to allow our flesh to reside and to draw and make us happy and content on our favorite foods. It is a sacrifice offering to the Lord. It is a fellowship and friendship with Jesus. Did you know that the Israelite s were commanded to bring a cake offering as a friendship offering to God? God knows food is precious to us.

20 Present a cake from the first of your ground meal and present it as an offering from the threshing floor. Numbers 15:20 (NIV)


Let us Give up our desires and comforts, which will touch the heart of God. As a result you will gain power in your prayer time, and you will see Jesus in the power of his might.

11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully. Col. 1:11 (NIV)

You will Gain more integrity, purity and honesty in your walk with him. Here we are, four days of fasting. Has God spoken to you? Did he touch your spirit? Are you stirred up and able to see God's victory in your life? Are you now stronger to witness God's greatness? Are you ready to talk about Jesus?
Think about these things and as we continue and press forward in agreement with our pastor. I give you this scripture in closing.

17"See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord." Col. 4:17

All my prayer and Love,
Yolanda Duley

1 comment:

  1. These scriptures really touched my heart. Particularly Col.3:1-2 (...set your heart and your mind on things above..). I've found that this fast has been more eye-opening than anything else. In just a few short days, I've become much more conscious of my food choices, but also of my dependence on certain foods. Although the Daniel's fast leaves a wealth of options for meals that we can choose from, it excludes those "choice" foods and drinks that we all crave (or dare I say, fiend). When I feel the urge to satisfy my cravings on chocolate, coffee, and cheese, I say a small prayer instead, or just meditate on how blessed I am...how much God sustains me and provides for me...how much I need and love Him. I admittedly have not spent hours and hours in prayer this week, but my God moments have been more frequent. And in the midst of my utter exhaustion from lack of caffeine, I am more aware of God's presence around me. That is, after all, what I want more than anything. To feel God near me every moment of the day.

    ReplyDelete