16
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who
loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
2 Thes. 2:16-17

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

DAY 3 : Message given from Reverend Rick Thomas

Adrienne and Pastor Yolanda asked me to write down some thoughts of encouragement that will help us to stay focused and to stay the course as we corporately engage in this God birthed, directed, inspired and led Fast. As I began to write down my thoughts I suddenly realized that there are noises in the room that are competing with my most profound thoughts, so much so, that I am finding it very difficult to hear these profound, and I’m sure, awe inspiring words that will move us from where we are to where we need to be…. After further investigation, I find these noises are emanating from the very temple that is currently writing these words to you! So now I will be directing my words of encouragement not only to the readers of this blog but, oh my, to myself as well…. As it should be, I suppose….
Both Zenaida and I have found this to be a time of careful examination of our own spiritual condition as the battle rages with our flesh in not pursuing its wants and desires and pressing into the reason why we are fasting in the first place. As we have pressed through the initial caffeine headaches and lack of satisfaction after gorging ourselves on things that really didn’t make us happy, we notice that time seems to have slowed down so that our flesh can torment us in ever increasing waves every step of the way! But then, the spirit comes rushing to our rescue, reminding us of the reason and purpose and goal of this fast and we are renewed, refreshed, strengthened and encouraged that God is in control and He will accomplish all that He has set out for us to do!!!
Eph. 3:20,21 – Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen
I will close this blog with one resounding word in the midst of my spirit….REVIVAL!!!!!!!!!

With many blessings and much love,
Reverend Rick Thomas

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing. I laughed...found that I am not alone...and loved the encouragment of the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, It's 3 days and I feel like it's been 10 days. I was good this morning and at around 3 p.m. I found myself staring at the jar of mayonnaise in the fridge. I resisted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Thank you for the scripture's of course this is all for REVIVAL, and so worth every bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revival. Can someone elaborate, specifically? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revival In personal life. Revival in Church. Revive us.

    ReplyDelete