16
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who
loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
2 Thes. 2:16-17

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 5: Speaking God's Word to the Dry places Of Your Life

Can you hear the sound of faith coming out of your mouth? Are you talking about the promises of God and what He will do for you and others?

42So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Mount Carmel. And he bowed himself down on the earth and put his face between his knees. 43And he said to his servant, "Go up now, and look toward the sea." And he went up and looked and said, "There is nothing." And he said, "Go again," seven times. 44And at the seventh time he said, "Behold, a little cloud like a man’s hand is rising from the sea." And he said, "Go up, say to Ahab, 'Prepare your chariot and go down, lest the rain stop you.'" 45And in a little while the heavens grew black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode and went to Jezreel. 46 And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah, and he gathered up his garment and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel. 1 Kings 18:42-46 (English Standard Version)

Elijah didn’t see the rainfall yet. However, he had faith in God to conceive before he saw it. He's speaking to his servant, telling him to watch, to look and to expect to see God move in his life. He didn't see rain, but he told Ahab, “Get in your chariot and run!", for he heard the sound of rain coming, in faith. Can you see the sound of rain coming in your dry land? Can you feel the presence of God bring new life into your dreams, hopes and prayers?

Elijah's secret to his power was his private prayer life. He puts his face between his knees and prays. In Middle Eastern culture this was a woman's birthing position. Birthing is not for the faint of heart. As we pray, we are birthing dreams and visions, promises and hopes through Gods miracle power.


1. Do you know what it means to birth something in prayer?
2. Have you experienced what it means to press in and pray through?
3. Do you pray once twice or three times and give up cause nothing happens?

Too often that may be our attitude, not so with Elijah. He prayed up to the time of something was birthed. Prayer is hard work. Jesus prayed in the garden with such a birth and intensity that his face perspired great drops of blood.

Do we even know what it means to keep entreating, keep petitioning, and keep knocking? To be like Elijah and not give up. Do you have needs in your family and marriage? Are there needs in your children and job? Are your loved ones sick? Are you in a pressured situation? Press in and birth victories in your life through prayer. Be like Elijah…he was just a man, like us.

17Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. James 5:17-18 (NIV)


God is not a respecter of persons…

What God did for Elijah, He will do for you.


Pastor Russell A. Duley

4 comments:

  1. I have to say in all honesty that today was the first day I did not feel "shaken" in my fast. I am not consumed by the logistics of the fast, but now am able to focus on why I am fasting and who I am fasting for, my Lord and my Savior. The One who reached down and pulled me out of a life of destruction and released me out of deaths grasp upon my life, and brougt me into His Kingdom to be a daughter of The King. Up until this point I have learned that, man, I have a very strong will. Ouch that hurt to say, but it is the truth. The Lord spoke to me yesterday and explained to me why this fast was so hard for me, and the reason being is because I was fasting in my will "power" and not in His power. I say that I am able to trust the Lord and I am obedient and love Him but if I really did then this whole "my will" thing would not be such a huge hinderace for me. This morning, I was able to come to the Lord in all openess, honesty and purity, and was just able to be honest with him and love Him and be truly greatful for who He is in my life.For the first time in a while I was able to come into the trown room and pour my heart out to Him, the Lover of my soul. I was able to ask Him for the desires of my heart. I refuse in Jesus Name to be the woman in labor that refuses to push through because of a little pain! Its time to surrender to push through in prayer and birth something new. I hear the rain coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the struggle...
    I too am pushing through Denise...
    What was... is past, the most important thing for me is to know Him and to realize why I was obtained by Him and see what he can do with this life I give Him.
    No haughtiness, no pride...Laying down the struggle, going willingly.
    To love Him and to know Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized, I feel stronger spiritually. I feel joyful and even in the struggle to deny my flesh I can sing and praise and dance. It's truly opened my eye's to overcome through the power of God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This past week God has told me something my husband says to me all the time,"slow down and listen." If cant be obediant to what my husband says to me then how can I be obediant to God? So I am going to slow my stroll & open my ears & heart and listen when God is speaking to me. How could I not want to slow down to hear the voice of our God who has rescued me from myself!! I just want to shout out my love for you my Father!!! Thank you for this revival in my soul!!!

    ReplyDelete